ABOHN partners with PSI Services LLC to deliver our examinations. PSI provides healthcare organizations with a full range of certification services, including test development, delivery and results processing. PSI has over 70 years of experience providing worldwide testing solutions to corporations, federal and state government agencies, professional associations and certifying bodies.
By working with PSI, ABOHN can offer our candidates the most flexible and convenient way to take a certification exam. As PSI is one of the most experienced in the industry, their people have literally seen it all. Providing a great candidate experience coupled with a professional and caring team of support specialists is priority one.
PSI tailors its services to fulfill the unique requirements of each ABOHN credential and offers personalized examination delivery.
The application process:
- Submit your COHN or COHN-S Application with the required back-up documentation and payment to ABOHN.
- Your application is reviewed by an OHN reviewer (this can take up to two weeks).
- Once a week (on Friday), the approved candidates are sent an email from ABOHN with the Approval Letter and the Exam Fee Invoice.
- You have 90 day to pay the exam fee.
- After your exam fee is processed, (once a week - on Friday), ABOHN transfers the candidate files to PSI.
- Once you are entered into PSI's system (this can take a few days), you will receive an email from PSI with instructions on how to schedule your exam date.
YOU MAY NOT TEST UNTIL YOUR FILE IS APPROVED AND YOU RECEIVE THE OFFICIAL EMAIL INSTRUCTIONS FROM PSI!
Click HERE to find a testing center near you.
We know that committing to becoming certified can be stressful. But it doesn’t have to be. Preparation and practice can take the stress out of testing. That’s why PSI created a video which helps prepare PSI testing candidates throughout the certification testing process. This instructional content gives detailed information on scheduling instructions and what to expect on test day. To view the video, please go here.