The ABOHN Research Committee is accepting applications for the 2020-21 Applied Research Grant. The purpose of the Applied Research Grant is to demonstrate the value occupational health nurses are providing during the COVID-19 pandemic. The winner of this award will receive $1,000 upon completion of the project.
Consideration for awards may be based upon the following criteria.
- Applicant must be a certified occupational health nurse (COHN or COHN-S), or a non-certified registered nurse who is studying occupational health nursing. The ABOHN Research Committee can serve on the applicant’s advisory committee.
- Applicant must present an applied research project focusing on a survey to demonstrate the value occupational health nurses (OHN) are providing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Survey should ideally include the following:
- Large sample size of OHNs
- Analyze by certified occupational health nurse (COHN or COHN-S), and non-certified OHN/registered nurse
- Value of specific OHN Activities
- Surveyed OHNs will be invited to share contact information of their employers in order to be able to survey employers across industries
4. Survey will be designed to take a limited amount of time to complete to encourage participation by OHNs and their employers
5. Survey will be conducted in 2021.
6. Final report should be submitted to ABOHN by December 31, 2021. The $1,000 will be awarded following review of the report by ABOHN.
5. Submit the project for publication in a peer reviewed journal and/or poster presentation at conferences, such as AAOHN, AOHP.
The deadline for submission of completed applications is February 8, 2021,or until we have selected an applicantion. Send a PDF of the application to: email@example.com Attention: Research Committee
Download the full 2020 Applied Research Grant Application.