The ABOHN Vision and Mission is incorporated into the planning of all ABOHN initiatives.
VISION: ABOHN Certification is recognized and valued as the standard to maximize the health and safety of workers worldwide.
MISSION: ABOHN's mission is to promote a standard of excellence in occupational health nursing through credentialing.
Principles and Values:
To accomplish its mission and vision, ABOHN commits its resources to achieving the following principles and values:
- Establish and promote credentialing standards for professional occupational health nurses.
- Publicly recognize individuals who demonstrate that they meet these standards.
- Elevate the quality of occupational health nursing practice.
- Stimulate the development of improved educational standards and programs in the field of occupational health nursing.
- Encourage occupational health nurses to continue their professional education.
- Perform the above unrestricted by consideration of national origin, race, creed, disability, color, age and gender.
- Create value for employers, their employees and the occupational health professional.
- Seek inclusion by partnering with organizations that share the ABOHN mission and values.
2021-2026 Strategic Initiatives
At the January 2021 board meeting, the ABOHN board of directors reviewed and approved an updated revision of the strategic plan. The Board reviews the strategic plan throughout the year to make sure that the business is on track.